Insurance Adjuster

  What Does it Mean to Work with a Property Insurance Adjuster

If you have had damage to your home or you’ve been involved in a car accident, for example, you may have to main a claim with your insurance company. The insurer will not usually just write you a check for the damages without checking up on the situation first. In these cases, a property insurance adjuster will be on the scene.
An insurance adjuster normally is someone who works for the insurance company. They will come out to the scene of the incident, check out the problem and determine the cause as well as what a potential payout may be. What’s interesting is that the insurance adjuster you would normally work with is actually working for the insurance company. While they may seem to be helping you get a payout, they are ultimately trying to help the insurer save money.
There is, however, another type of insurance adjuster. A public adjuster is someone that is hired privately, by you for instance. This adjuster doesn’t work for the insurance company. Instead, this adjuster will work with you and help you through the insurance claim process. If you are dealing with a large claim or have a reason to think that the insurance company may not pay out a fair sum, a public adjuster can help you.
The entire process surrounding insurance and filing an insurance claim can be quite confusing and frustrating at times. If you would like more information about what it means to hire a public adjuster to work for you or if you would like to talk to one of our experts about your case, reach out to us at A Quest for Public Adjusters today. We are excited to work with you throughout all steps of your case so we can get you the best possible result.